Frequently Asked Questions
The best type of system will depend on the nature of your specific project. Some systems, like our Aluminum Fly Forms, are ideally suited for multi-storey structures like high-rise buildings. Others like our Aluminum Access Trusses are often used to suspend underneath bridges or overpasses, though they can also be used overtop stadiums, swimming pools, vaulted ceilings, or lobby areas.
Work with one of our experienced engineers to discuss which system will be best for you. If your project has unique requirements, we will work with you to develop customized solutions.
Our equipment is available for sale or for rent. The right choice for you will depend on the nature of your project, your construction schedule, and the region in which you’re working.
Pages on our website devoted to specific products feature a range of system-specific technical data including potential applications, load bearing weights, tables with frame specifications, and more.
To learn more about a specific system, contact our engineers today, or download the catalogue below:
Click here to access technical references – including sample applications for HI-LITE’s shoring systems, how-to examples, and practical calculations (load bearing, tower load, leg height, and more).
HI-LITE’s engineers are ready to help make your project a success, offering services including:
- Layout CAD Drawings & Engineering Solutions: We will work with you to provide shoring, re-shoring, and scaffolding layout CAD drawings – all subject to an engineer’s approval – using advanced computer programs and necessary calculations, design, and structural analysis.
- Equipment Testing & Reports: Our shoring and scaffolding equipment is tested in our in-house facility to satisfy all CSA and SSFI standards, and we will happily provide you with test reports.
- Jobsite Services: Our job-site services include equipment installation, training, inspection, and more.
- Equipment Estimation: We provide estimation services for your bidding and tendering processes.
- Actively Cooperating with Contractors: At HI-LITE, we believe in working with you to find innovative solutions that will save you time and money.
At HI-LITE, we recognize that every job comes with its own unique challenges. Contact us today to speak with our engineers about which solution will best meet your needs.
We are not a financial institution, but are partnered with Export Development Canada, a Canadian governmental organization. If you’ll be exporting our equipment, we can work with you to provide innovative solutions.
We will consider buy-back options for our equipment.
To learn more, please contact a HI-LITE sales representative.
The benefits associated with aluminum equipment include:
- Light Weight: Aluminum is a light weight metal, making it easy to work with.
- Strength: Despite weighing less, aluminum has a high load capacity. Manufacturers can boost or adapt its strength by modifying its alloy composition
- Labour and Material Savings: Compared to wood, aluminum beams eliminate up to 30% of the horizontal supports and up to 50% of vertical supports normally required.
- Resistant to Corrosion: Aluminum generates a natural oxide coating, which protects it from corrosion and rust without the need for paint or lacquer.
- Durable: Aluminum equipment Is reliable, being resistant to on-site damage.
Aluminum systems are light, strong, flexible, and durable – designed to meet the needs of today’s contractors.